1 (of language) transparently clear; easily understandable; "writes in a limpid style"; "lucid directions"; "a luculent oration"- Robert Burton; "pellucid prose"; "a crystal clear explanation"; "a perspicuous argument" [syn: limpid, luculent, pellucid, crystal clear, perspicuous]
2 having a clear mind; "a lucid moment in his madness"
3 capable of thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and consistent manner; "a lucid thinker"; "she was more coherent than she had been just after the accident" [syn: coherent, logical]
4 transmitting light; able to be seen through with clarity; "the cold crystalline water of melted snow"; "crystal clear skies"; "could see the sand on the bottom of the limpid pool"; "lucid air"; "a pellucid brook"; "transparent cristal" [syn: crystalline, crystal clear, limpid, pellucid, transparent]
- IPA: /ˈluːsɪd/
clear; easily understood
- Finnish: selvä, selkeä
mentally rational; sane
- Finnish: selväpäinen, selkeä-älyinen
bright, luminous, translucent or transparent
- Finnish: selkeä, kirkas, läpikuultava, läpinäkyvä
- ttbc German: einleuchtend (1), klar (1,2), bei Verstand (2), leuchtend (3)
- ttbc Ido: lucida
- ttbc Italian: lucido
- ttbc Spanish: lúcido
- second-person plural imperative of lucir
Lucid may refer to:
- LUCID Detector (ATLAS Luminosity Monitor), a high energy physics detector
- Lucid (programming language), a dataflow programming language
- Lucid (software)http://www.cbit.uq.edu.au/software/LucidID/default.htm is a software package for making identification keys in the biological sciences
- Lucid Inc., a software development company founded by Richard P. Gabriel in 1984
- USS Lucid (MSO-458), a US Navy minesweeper that patrolled the Pacific Ocean
- Lucid Records, an independent record label out of Deerfield, Illinois, United States
- Shannon Lucid (born 1943), an American astronaut
- Lucid (band) - UK dance/trance band from 1998-2000, with such hits as "I Can't Help Myself" and "Crazy"
- Lucid Information Systems - Information processing and storage company founded in 2005, utilizing dataflow systems.
- Lucid (film) - The 2005 Canadian Film
- Lucid (Absinthe)http://www.drinklucid.com/, a spirit made from Grande Wormwood
- Lucid toolkithttp://www.lucidtoolkit.org/, a cross-platform Graphical User Interface toolkit.
Attic, Ciceronian, all there, apprehensible, balanced, beaming, bright, brilliant, chaste, classic, clean-cut, clear, clear as crystal, clear as day, clear-cut, clearheaded, clearminded, cloudless, coherent, compos mentis, comprehensible, connected, consistent, crisp, crystal, crystal-clear, crystalline, defined, definite, diaphane, diaphanous, direct, distinct, easy, effulgent, elegant, explicit, express, fathomable, filmy, finished, gauzy, gossamer, gossamery, graceful, gracile, graspable, healthy-minded, incandescent, intelligible, knowable, lambent, light, light-pervious, lightish, lightsome, limpid, loud and clear, lucent, luculent, luminous, lustrous, mentally sound, natural, neat, nonopaque, normal, of sound mind, peekaboo, pellucid, perspicuous, plain, polished, pure, radiant, rational, reasonable, refined, refulgent, relucent, restrained, revealing, right, round, sane, sane-minded, see-through, semipellucid, semitranslucent, sensible, serene, sheer, simple, sound, sound-minded, straightforward, tasteful, terse, thin, together, translucent, translucid, transparent, transpicuous, trim, unaffected, unambiguous, unclouded, unconfused, unequivocal, univocal, unlabored, unmistakable, unobscured, well-defined, wholesome